SLC 912 Tea Party Business Meeting, July 23rd

Treasure Coast Builders Association, 6560 S. U.S. 1, at Kitterman Road, PSL, north side of Norris’ Restaurant.

This meeting will be devoted to a discussion of Common Core. Kathleen and Roland O’Brien will report on the FreedomWorks Grassroots Activist Training Session that they attended in Orlando on June 29th. Alison Rampersad and Mark Gotz will give us their perspectives on the implementation and ramifications of Common Core.

We are setting up a committee to work with Florida Parents Against Common Core. Laura Zorc, who lives in Vero Beach, is the Southeast Florida Co-ordinator for FPACC. Laura will be at the meeting to assist in setting up a SLC chapter.

It’s time to get letter writing campaigns going full steam ahead for both Common Core and AC4PR’s Seven/50.

Around two dozen of us have been attending the BOCC meetings. Many have spoken out during the public comment forum. It would be nice if we could have twice that many attending and speaking. Some new faces and new comments would show the Commissioners that we are very serious.

In other news, we will be returning to Genesis Community Church for our October 5th Speaker Forum meeting!

In August the Lamsons will host a “Movie Night” at the 19th Hole: great $5.00 burgers and “Atlas Shrugged Part I”. Mark Monday, August 12th, on your calendar. The time will be announced.

The September 5th meeting will be combined with the Martin 912 Tea Party with guest speaker, Trevor Loudon.

There’s so much work that needs to be done. Remember that less than 20% of Americans fought for Independence from England. The other 80% sat back and watched to see what would happen.

Oops!

If you are a regular visitor to our site, you’ll notice that there were some posts that have now disappeared. Somewhere out in the clouds there are little bits of info floating around. The coming events page also lost a couple of months.

We’ll begin anew, and get back on track!